The News: Last week Oracle announced new analytics capabilities for Oracle Fusion Cloud Supply Chain & Manufacturing (SCM) and Oracle Fusion Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Built on Oracle Analytics Cloud and Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, Oracle Fusion ERP Analytics and Oracle Fusion SCM Analytics delivers the necessary data to help organizations make informed decisions for to mitigate risk and drive revenue. Read the Oracle Fusion SCM announcement here. Read the Oracle Fusion ERP announcement here.
Oracle Rolls Out New Analytics Capabilities for Oracle Fusion Cloud SCM and ERP
Analyst Take: Business leaders have never needed data more to gather insights and gain visibility into supply chain and procurement. With the issues that many enterprise organizations are currently facing with the supply chain delays, having access to real-time data is table stakes. But unfortunately, compiling this data is often time-consuming and done manually with spreadsheets. That’s why these new offerings from Oracle are so attractive.
Oracle Fusion ERP delivers the insights that organizations need to analyze capital, procurement, pay performance, revenue and profitability. Oracle Fusion SCM delivers a comprehensive view of supply chain operations to help organizations prepare and predict for future disruptions. Both come with pre-built analytics and ready-to-use dashboards that can help organizations get started right away. And when organizations need to make decisions at lightning speed, having a solution that does not take much time to set up is crucial.
Oracle Fusion ERP Details
Organizations that use Oracle Fusion ERP will be able to do the following according to Oracle:
- Improve Understanding of Project Cost and Commitments: Finance and operations departments can gain better insight into historic and current costs across projects tasks, resources, and suppliers.
- Accurately Track Fixed Assets: With Oracle Fusion ERP, finance teams can accurately track asset lifecycle and asset value making it easier to plan for depreciation and financial forecasts.
- Understand and Optimize Spend: With better insights into assets and costs, organizational leaders can optimize spend and discover new opportunities for various business units.
- Improve Procurement and Supplier Performance: Finance and operations leaders can gain a holistic view of procurement and supplier performance across the entire organization making it easier to identify potential issues.
Oracle Fusion SCM Details
Organizations that use Oracle Fusion SCM will be able to do the following according to Oracle:
- Gain Visibility into Supply Chain Performance: With dashboards that provide deeper insights into order and management and fulfillment, inventory, and procurement, organizations can understand how their supply chains are performing including where improvements can be made.
- Connect Supply Chain Processes with Business Goals: Organizations can easily tie supply chain decisions to overall business goals to optimize resources and reduce costs.
- Detect, understand and Predict Supply Chain Issues: Machine Learning capabilities and predictive analytics give organizations the necessary tools to identify and understand supply chain issues that can negatively impact the bottom line.
Just What Businesses Need
In our current post-pandemic world as organizations continue to navigate supply chain issues that impact all aspects of business, finding platforms that can deliver the necessary insights to make better decisions could be the difference between success and failure. Oracle has been consistent in their commitment to deliver various cloud-based analytics platforms that help customers meet and exceed goals. I continue to be impressed with the announcements we are seeing from Oracle and the progress the company is making to increase demand and affinity for their enterprise applications.
Disclosure: Futurum Research is a research and advisory firm that engages or has engaged in research, analysis, and advisory services with many technology companies, including those mentioned in this article. The author does not hold any equity positions with any company mentioned in this article.
Other insights from Futurum Research:
Oracle X9M, HPE GreenLake, Amazon Devices, Facebook Grilling, Amazon Connect, Five9-Zoom Deal – The Six Five Webcast
Faster than Fast – Oracle Introduces Exadata X9M Portfolio
Oracle ERP Summit Full of Announcements and Updates to Automate Process and Enhance Decision-Making
Image Credit: Exacore IT
The original version of this article was first published on Futurum Research.
Daniel Newman is the Principal Analyst of Futurum Research and the CEO of Broadsuite Media Group. Living his life at the intersection of people and technology, Daniel works with the world’s largest technology brands exploring Digital Transformation and how it is influencing the enterprise. From Big Data to IoT to Cloud Computing, Newman makes the connections between business, people and tech that are required for companies to benefit most from their technology projects, which leads to his ideas regularly being cited in CIO.Com, CIO Review and hundreds of other sites across the world. A 5x Best Selling Author including his most recent “Building Dragons: Digital Transformation in the Experience Economy,” Daniel is also a Forbes, Entrepreneur and Huffington Post Contributor. MBA and Graduate Adjunct Professor, Daniel Newman is a Chicago Native and his speaking takes him around the world each year as he shares his vision of the role technology will play in our future.